Monday 30 July 2012

Baby Training

In the middle of June, I had a training for work out in Montreal, so I decided to take advantage of the fact I was being flown out east on the company dime, to visit good friends of mine in Ottawa, Jeff and Lisa, and their adorable little girl Michaela.  For those of you who were at our wedding, Jeff was the guy who did a great job MCing it.  Unfortunately, Rhian was just entering her third trimester, so we decided not to push it and she stayed home.

It was really nice to see them; Rhian and I were out in Ottawa two years ago, and had a great chance to visit with Lisa, but our timing didn't work well for Jeff as he happened to be in Israel during our entire stay.  We also got a chance to see them for an evening about 8 months ago when they were out here to visit Lisa's family with their little girl.  But, this was the first chance in I don't know how long, where Jeff and I got a chance to hang out for an extended period.  I had a great time, and the Saturday night I was there, Jeff and Lisa got to go out together without their little girl for the first time when we went to see Steven Paige perform at West Fest (a little indication of what I have to look forward to).

While I didn't do any diaper changes, I got to spend time with an 11 month old, basically 24 hours a day, and saw the the fun and challenges a little one can be.  To be fair, she is really a good little girl, and the challenges were more due to her wanting to be independant and do things herself at 11 months, than her being difficult.

So, I learned why our little one may need to have bath time every night:


There is basically a 2 second window you have to try to wipe her face, and you only get 1 shot.  If you miss, she won't let you wipe her clean, and it definitely winds up in her hair.

Here is Jeff, Lisa and I before, you guessing it, the Run/Walk for Jewish Education in Ottawa.  Jeff and I jogged most of it, and Lisa walked it with a stroller and Baby M:


Here is me holding Michaela.  We spent the day walking through West Fest, and I gave Mom and Dad a break by pushing the stroller or carrying Michaela for part of it.  You can definitely tell she is Jeff's little girl in this picture:



And here is Michaela helping Daddy pick his next beer, and while Lisa and I pose for a picture together:





I had a great time visiting them, and it makes me wish even more that they lived in back in BC.  Maybe one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment